Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Fatigue, ADD, Asthma, Viruses - GONE!!!


Mindy's Story

I had a vision of making a difference.

 I have always cared about helping people. In my teen years and early twenties I was involved with many service projects and missionary trips to help people both in the States and in Third World Countries. After getting my B.A. in Sociology, I went on to nursing school and also to work in 2 different hospitals. What a great service I could offer people, to understand their bodies and how to take better care of themselves. I quickly became disillusioned with the medical field, in which I felt that I was only giving people “band aids” for their health problems (due to hospital politics, health insurance restrictions, and not having enough time to spend with each patient).

About this time I got married (to Long), started having children, and decided to take a break from the career world. We had our first 2 sons (Luca and Jude) and then moved from Maryland to California, as that is where the Navy needed us for the next 5 years. Those years were full of single parenting (due to deployments) diapers, potty training, preschool, and early grade school. We had our third son, Quinn, in 2009, right before the Navy sent us to South Carolina.

And then everything changed.

Luca was 8, Jude, was 5, and Quinn was 1. Suddenly I was extremely fatigued. It felt as if I were wearing a very heavy jacket that I could not take off. No amount of sleep seemed to help. Also, I was continually getting sick. Each month I was catching a new virus. The doctors said and my bloodwork showed that I was fine. I was not. The next several years led me to do a lot of reading and researching on nutrition and wellness. I tried many different dietary and lifestyle changes, and vitamins, which did not make much of a difference. At the same time, Jude was diagnosed with ADD and was struggling at school. Luca was missing a lot of school due to asthma.

I was looking for a change.

My parents knew of our health struggles and introduced me to their friend Becky, who is a health/wellness coach with Shaklee. After watching my parents lose 30-40 pounds each, get off cholesterol medication, and race their grandson down the road by foot, I decided that maybe Becky could help me too. What did I have to lose? I had tried everything else. Within 1 month I noticed a huge improvement in my energy. Within 4 months my immune system was much stronger. I was actually the only person in my family who did NOT get sick during the holidays.  And my story gets even better...within 3 months of taking Shaklee products, Jude’s teacher called me to let me know that she was not seeing any signs of ADD in the classroom! The improvements have continued even up until now. Luca no longer needs his steroid inhaler every day to prevent asthmatic coughing! Fast forwarding 2 years to today: I feel better today than when I even began Shaklee. Jude continues to excel in school without meds. He’s even in advanced math. Luca continues to do well without a steroid inhaler, even playing in a basketball league.

Then something really amazing happened...  I began sharing my health story with everyone and earning a part-time income with Shaklee while being able to stay home to raise my boys and support Long during his military career.(Eventually, this company and income will be our full-time income. I will be able to will my Shaklee income 100% intact to our sons!) I just couldn’t help but share about the company and products that had helped me move from just barely surviving to thriving! “Feel better in order to do better” has become my new motto for life. It’s hard to be your best for your family, church, community, neighbors, and for yourself when you feel lousy. I am now such a better engaged person to all those around me. Be the change you want to see in the world!

You know what the BEST part is? My greatest happiness and reward comes from helping other people improve their health and their lives through Shaklee!

What is Shaklee? Shaklee is the #1 Natural Nutrition Company in the U.S. It was started by Dr. Forrest Shaklee in 1956 when he was 61 years old. The story of Dr. Shaklee’s life is remarkable. With three degrees, he was a doctor, businessman, minister, philosopher, entrepreneur, pioneer, author, and inventor - A man born before his time. His own personal health story is one of surviving tuberculosis and being healed of cancer. For 60 years the “Shaklee Difference” has carried through in scientific research of our products, which has always been the hallmark of quality and integrity. Simply stated, the products work. Safely.

What do I do? I look for people who want to improve their health and move from just “surviving” to “thriving”. People who are ready to be well. And since there is not enough of me to go around to “change the world”, I also train a team of people to do what I do, both locally and in other states, who would like to help others live healthier lives and create a stream of income while doing so.

How do I do that? I scheduled individual consult appointments (by phone or in person) and I also do group health talks and presentations.

I match the products to the needs and Shaklee does the rest. Shaklee has nutritional supplements, green cleaners, personal care products, skin care systems, and water purifiers.

With the help of Shaklee, I’ve been able to help people change and improve their health and nutrition, lose weight, get off of and avoid taking medications, and above all, I have been able to give people HOPE and HEALTH.


TO YOUR GOOD HEALTH,
Mindy Hoang

 

No comments:

Post a Comment