Monday, March 20, 2017

RACHAEL WAS ADDICTED . . .



I'm so proud of Rachael.  She is a wonderful Sales Leader on my team.  Here is her story of transparency, inspiration and success!
10 things you might not know about me...
1. I'm a recovering addict (sugar is my drug of choice...but that's an entirely different topic)
2. I used to weigh 225 pounds and was verging on a size 22 (I went through several really "dark" years and used food to self-medicate)
3. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 changed me in ways I could only imagine one sunny day in 2011...
4. I successfully lost over 75 pounds and kept it off (taking a slight "detour" when I was expecting baby #5)...I was in the best shape of my adult life (toned and in a very comfortable size 6) when I discovered my suspected UTI had a heartbeat!
5. I slipped back into some unhealthy addictive habits during and after the last pregnancy...for a time (the biggest consequences being some weight gain and emotional distress from being controlled by addiction again)
6. The day my youngest turned 11 months old, I had an epiphany about the destructive behavior I'd been dancing with for the last year or so...the very next morning I began (or re-began) my life-long journey of necessary "clean" eating, praying for a surrendered heart and spirit each day
7. Today marks 5 weeks into that journey and I'm proud, amazed, grateful to share that I've eliminated 21 pounds & 17 inches (safely and healthfully!! I average 1400-1700 clean calories a day)
8. I still have 16 pounds (and some more inches) to get back to pre-baby #5, but I'm so thankful for a renewed sense of well-being and emotional healing
9. I haven't eaten ice cream in over 9 years (I used to eat 1/2 a container a day!! Yikes!!)
10. I've been a vegetarian for 5 years (and never plan to eat animals again, although I do enjoy eggs and some dairy)

Those last 2 were a little anti-climactic, huh?! I just had to (type-A here) list 10 things. https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v8/fd4/1/16/1f606.png😆 But in all seriousness, if you or someone you know struggles with food addiction and/or weight, please know that I understand the struggle and I'm here to help, if you'd like. Accountability used​ to sound like a dirty word to me, but I understand now how vital it is to success. Don't be afraid to ask for help or seek accountability. It just might change/save your life!!


No comments:

Post a Comment